Stay up to date.
Subscribe to FIND’s monthly newsletter to receive updates and information about our sites in North Carolina, Georgia, Indiana, and Kentucky.
16 in stock
Great Day Hike s On NC Mountains-To-Sea Trail
The Mountains-to-Sea Trail is an 1,175-mile destination trail that crosses North Carolina from Clingmans Dome in Great Smoky Mountains National Park to Jockey’s Ridge State Park on the Outer Banks. It traverses 37 counties, 7 national parks and forests, and nearly a dozen state parks and historic sites. This is the first-ever guide to day hikes along the crown jewel of North Carolina foot trails. Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or new to the outdoors, this official guide from Friends of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail is your go-to companion for exploring all the trail has to offer, showcasing everything from scenic mountain vistas to surprising escapes in the state’s Piedmont region and the wonders of coastal plain pocosins.
– 40 hikes carefully chosen to appeal to hikers of all experience levels
– Helpful hike finder feature to identify the perfect hikes for birding, waterfalls, history, universal accessibility, and more
– Turn-by-turn guidance and key points of interest for each hike
– Full-color maps and photographs
– Helpful information about the trail’s history and ongoing development